Both men and women share a common concern on removing unwanted hair. However, they have different body parts which need to be free of unwanted hair. For example, it is socially acceptable for men to have a mustache, but not for women. It is also socially acceptable for men to have hair in the underarms, but, again, not on women. One major area of concern for women today is their bikini line and so they are always searching for the best pubic hair removal product or treatment.
Aside from the fact that pubic hair on the bikini line hinders women from wearing sexy two-piece bikinis, it is also a big turn-off for their partners. Unfortunately, though women are convinced of having a clean bikini line, most are hesitant to go through a pubic hair removal routine because they are not sure if the process would be actually successful and effective.
If you are considering undergoing treatment for pubic hair removal, here are some tips which you can do to prepare for an effective and successful treatment.
1. Materials – Prepare all the necessary materials when planning to use the method of shaving for pubic hair removal. You will need clean, fresh sharp razors, shaving cream, small scissors, some soap, a loofa scrub as well as baby oil and some lotion. Make sure that you buy and use only the products of brands that you can trust.
2. Position – Sitting upright on a chair with your feet raised up above your waistline is the best possible result for shaving for pubic hair removal.
3. Small Trims – It is not advisable to go right ahead and shave your pubic hair. For pubic hair removal, always start by trimming your pubic hair short to make the whole process of shaving easier and cleaner in result. To trim, hold up a handful of pubic hair and trim inch by careful inch.
4. Warm Bath – A warm, hot bath following your trim will make your pubic hair soft and easy to remove later on. It will also add to a more effective or clean pubic hair removal.
5. Shaving Cream – Generously apply a shaving cream of your choice on the pubic area. Apply the cream right after your warm bath for better results. Other alternatives to shaving cream are shaving gel, shaving lotion or a generous coat of petroleum jelly. Again, make sure that you only use products and brands that you can use. It is also recommended that you test these products on a small area of skin to find out if you have any allergic reaction to the product. If you, after a few minutes, notice any itchiness, redness or rashes, perhaps it is best to use another brand or product for your pubic hair removal.
6. Prepare to Shave – Now that you have performed the above-stated preparations, you are ready for the major step in pubic hair removal. Of course, you can always choose to give it a design that you fancy. Most women simply want to clean up the whole area. Make sure to slowly and carefully shave to avoid cuts. It is not advisable to run the razor more than three times over the same spot as this will only irritate the skin. Stretching your legs far apart will give you access to areas that are normally hard to reach. For first time shavers, it is best to shave gradually. Allow your pubic area to adjust to the process of shaving.
7. Exfoliation – Once shaving is done, exfoliation on the pubic area is advised. You can use a light soap. Avoid using one that is too strong as this might irritate the skin especially when it is soaped right after shaving. Again, for this part of your pubic hair removal, use only brands of exfoliants that you can trust. You may use the softer kind of loofa or body scrub or sponge. Exfoliating after shaving will help remove the dead skin that has been covered for a long time by your pubic hair. It will also clean up the pores and therefore, help prevent skin irritation. The only important thing when you exfoliate is to make sure that you do it gently and softly.
8. Moisturizers – It is good to moisturize the pubic area after all the shaving and the exfoliating involved with pubic hair removal. You can moisturize your pubic area using baby oils. Aloe Vera is also one favorite alternative for moisturizing as this has natural skin-healing abilities. Use only moisturizers that are light, fragrant-free and color-free. These kinds of moisturizers don’t have added chemicals for fragrance and coloring that may be harmful for the recently-shaved area. Mild baby powders may be applied after moisturizing.
9. Cleanliness – Now that you have carried out pubic hair removal and are cleanly shaved, it is best if you maintain a good hygienic routine. This would include the daily cleaning of your genitals and pubic area with feminine wash to keep your private area clean, sweat and odor-free as well as to protect it from irritation from wearing tight underwear or jeans.
10. Regular Shaving – Now that you’ve started with your pubic hair removal practice, it is good to keep up this routine regularly. Regularly shaving will prevent the pubic hair from growing too much which will then require you more time for trimming. Avoid stubbles of pubic hair as this can cause itching and discomfort. Needless to say, the more itchiness, the higher that possibility of you scratching it and the higher the possibility of it being irritated then.
Proper pubic hair removal is nothing more than these ten simple steps away. The important thing to keep in mind with every step is to perform it carefully as your genital area and your pubic hair is one of the most sensitive parts of the body. Also, the use of trusted products only could never be stressed highly enough. Where pubic hair removal is concerned, it is always better to be safe than sorry.